Officers of the Lay Magistrates’ Association – Kingston Chapter
(LMAJ – Kingston Chapter Constitution: Section 9 & 10)
The Officers of the Association shall consist of a President, a First Vice President, a second Vice President, a Secretary, an Assistant Secretary, a Treasurer and an Assistant Treasurer, all of whom shall be selected at an Annual General Meeting.
- The Officers defined above, along with eight (8) other members, elected at an Annual General Meeting, and the Immediate Past President, shall constitute the Executive Committee. The presence of any five (5) members of the Executive Committee shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of any business.
- The Executive Committee shall exercise all powers and discharge all duties of the Association, including the acquisition and disposal of property, real or personal, and any other powers and duties that may be required by law to be exercised by the Association.
- The Executive Committee shall meet regularly on a set date to be determined by the Executive Committee from time to time, provided that the frequency of meetings shall be at least quarterly. Absence from three consecutive meetings without tendering an apology to the Secretary or President before the meeting, or as soon thereafter as is practicable, shall automatically constitute a resignation from the Board.
- Should there be a vacancy on the Executive Committee through death, resignation, or any other reason, it shall be competent for the Executive Committee to appoint a replacement to function until the next Annual General Meeting following such appointment.
- The Executive Committee may appoint a representative from the Association, as it deems appropriate, to represent the Association at meetings of the Lay Magistrates’ Association of Jamaica.
- The Association shall remit annually, on behalf of each dues paying members, an amount equivalent to one half of the total annual membership dues as prescribed by the Lay Magistrates’ Association of Jamaica. The Treasurer shall forward such payments annually, along with an update list of members of the Association, to the National Treasurer by June 30 each year.
- The Executive Committee shall act for, and on behalf of the Members of the Association and shall report to the Members at Annual General Meetings.